Ensuring the future for the independent vape industry
Whether you are a vendor, distributor, importer or manufacturer, this conference is a must attend event for all involved in the independent vape industry, whether you are a member of IBVTA or not.
Thursday 27th April 2017 (10:00 – 18:30)
The MacDonald Hotel, Manchester
IBVTA Members – £90
Non-members – £180
Early bird discount for non-members - £128
(Prices are inclusive of booking fees and VAT.)
Why should I attend?
This is the first conference aimed specifically at the independent vape industry and focused exclusively on issues of direct relevance to the independent vape industry.
2017 is a critical year for the vape industry with the Tobacco and Related Products Regulations coming into full effect in May. In addition to this, new guidance will be published on advertising, decisions will be taken in Brussels regarding taxation of vape products, and the formal process of the UK leaving the European Union will begin.
These are challenging times, but they are also exciting times and there are wonderful opportunities ahead for the independent vape industry.
Speakers at this conference include:
- Sir Kevin Barron MP, Senior Labour MP and Vice Chairman of the APPG on Smoking and Health
- Lord Callanan, Former Conservative MEP who was one of the shadow rapporteurs on the TPD
- Martin Dockrell, Tobacco Control Lead at Public Health England
- Matthew Ebsworth, Anthony Jones Insurance Brokers
- Tom Hughes, VAT and Excise, Business and International Tax at HM Treasury
- Beryl Keeley, MHRA E-Cigarette Notification Scheme Lead
- Stephen Knight, Department of Health Policy Manager (Tobacco Control (EU))
- Sarah Jakes, Trustee New Nicotine Alliance
- Robert Morrison, Senior Regulatory Policy Executive at the Committee on Advertising Practice
- Rémi Parola, Chairman of CEN/TC 437 Electronic cigarettes and e-liquids and ISO/TC 126/SC3 Vape and vapour products
- Christopher Snowdon, Head of Lifestyle Economics at the Institute of Economic Affairs
Topics being discussed at this conference include:
- The development of European and International Standards for vape products
- The current and future regulatory regime for the vape industry in the UK and Europe
- How best to advertise and promote your business under the current restrictions
- How best to use supportive data about vaping in your day-to-day business activities
- Taxation of vape products
- The challenges and opportunities of running a business in this sector
- How best to grow your business and the things you need to consider when running a business on a day-to-day basis
- The importance of having the right insurance
In addition to this, there will be the presentation of new research and data, and finally, the day will close with a question time style panel debate covering all aspects of vaping. The debate will be chaired by Christopher Snowdon from the Institute of Economic Affairs, and the panel will include former Conservative MEP Lord Callanan and senior Labour MP Sir Kevin Barron, both of whom are heavily involved in the debate surrounding vaping.
Throughout the day there will be plenty of opportunities, over coffee, lunch, and the drinks reception, to network with fellow business owners and others.
At the end of the day you will leave this conference ready to face the challenges and better placed to take advantage of the opportunities that lie ahead for your business.
How do I get there?
Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa is Manchester's largest four-star hotel. Perfectly located if travelling by rail, by road or on foot.
Can I stay at the hotel?
Yes. You can book accommodation directly at the hotel.
Discount rate: Use the code IBV on the booking form to get rate of £125 B&B for 26 and 27 April.
How do I buy a ticket?
IBVTA Members – £90
Non-members – £180Non members Event Ticket
Early bird discount – NOW EXTENDED - book before midnight on 26 March 2017
Non-members only – £128 Book now
Ticket price includes access to the conference, all refreshments, lunch, and the conference drinks reception. Prices are inclusive of booking fees and VAT.
Alternatively give us a call on 020 7808 7855.
The Independent Vape Industry Conference 2017 is organised by IBVTA.