Independent British Vape Trade Association
Code of Conduct
- Never knowingly sell vape products to anyone under the age of 18 or anyone purchasing on their behalf.
- Ensure safeguards are in place to prevent anyone under the age of 18 purchasing vape products online.
- Never knowingly market to anyone who is not a current or former smoker, or a current vaper
- Unless selling a medicinally authorised vape product, avoid claiming any health benefits from the use of vape products.
- Ensure that all reasonable efforts are made to abide by the laws and regulations governing the manufacture, import, distribution, and sale of vape products.
- Take a positive and responsible attitude towards product stewardship.
- Never knowingly sell counterfeit products.
- Respect Intellectual Property and legal commercial agreements, including Trade Marks, Patents, Licences, Goodwill, and Distribution Agreements.
- Never knowingly sell a product known to be detrimental to vapers’ short term or long term health.
- Keep records of adverse effects and incidents involving any products you have manufactured, imported, or sold and where necessary notify the relevant authorities.
- Never knowingly engage in activities likely to bring the independent vape sector into disrepute.
- Where required, register and accurately discharge VAT responsibilities.
- Hold valid and appropriate product, and wider as necessary, personal and product liability insurance.
- Never knowingly misrepresent products’ safety or performance criteria.
- Provide suitable warranties and guarantees consistent with prevailing consumer and sector related legislation and when defined, IBVTA best practice.