Job Title: External Affairs Executive
We are recruiting an External Affairs Executive to join our growing Westminster office.
About the Role
You will manage the IBVTA’s day-to-day relationships with external organisations such as Trading Standards and regulators. In addition, a key part of the role will be to work with IBVTA members to support their compliancy with current UK regulations covering all aspects of the vape industry.
Developing the IBVTA’s engagement with politicians across the UK and with the media will be an important function of this role.
You will be responsible for
- Responding to queries from IBVTA members, politicians, and Trading Standards officials
- Preparing briefings for politicians, and assisting the Chief Executive with political engagement
- Ensuring that regular contact is maintained with relevant ministers, MP’s, civil servants, journalists, regulators and other opinion formers
- Ensuring that the association’s policies and views are adequately communicated to target audiences by preparing press releases and statements, and through routine engagement with key media contacts
- Collating compliancy data and drafting reports
- Overseeing members’ compliancy with the IBVTA’s own code of conduct
- Undertaking research to support IBVTA members with compliance
You will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience of working within public affairs is essential. Experience of working within Westminster, the European Parliament or one of the Devolved Institutions would be desirable, as would experience of dealing with the media.
The IBVTA is the professional voice for the UK’s independent vape industry and is the only trade association dedicated exclusively to the independent sector. All IBVTA members are free from any ownership or control by the tobacco or pharmaceutical industries. The mission of IBVTA is to provide credible knowledge and guidance to support the independent vaping sector and promote constructive interaction between this industry sector and the scientific community, vapers, regulators, policy makers, and the general public. IBVTA fosters research and manufacturing excellence in order to deliver a robust yet proportionate consumer regulatory landscape that adequately reflects the needs of vaping stakeholders and recognises vaping as a sector in its own right.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org