This collective way of working allows your trade association to work better and achieve more for your business.
IBVTA members meet regularly to set the organisation’s agenda. Suggestions for the agenda are welcome from business owners, directors, managers and staff. The secretariat calls for input in advance of Steering Committee meetings, so that the concerns and business needs of all of our members, regardless of size, can be discussed.
The IBVTA Steering Committee carry out agreed work items, supported where applicable, by the IBVTA Secretariat.
The IBVTA Steering Committee is Co-Chaired by the CEO & an IBVTA Board Member.
Each of the Steering Committee Leads take responsibility for leading the IBVTA’s work in specific areas.
- Development of the member benefits portfolio
- Identifying commercial partnerships
- Supporting the delivery of the IBVTA’s objectives for all membership tiers
Engagement & Stewardship
- Engagement with external stakeholders in order to advocate for the independent vape sector as a whole
- Developing strategies to assist supply chain stewardship which benefits every business along the supply chain and the consumer
Science & Technical
- Using science and technical knowledge to instil confidence in the industry and maximise business opportunities
- Getting the right industry standards in place through providing experts to standards committees
- Using scientific evidence for the IBVTA’s positions
- Advocacy strategies which increases consumer confidence through best practice which in turns increases success on the high street
- Making sure that the IBVTA’s objectives are met, right through to retailer level
Members are co-opted onto the IBVTA Steering Committee for a period of 12 months.
The IBVTA Steering Committee draws from the pool of skills and talent within the IBVTA Membership.
The work of the IBVTA Steering Committee is open & transparent – all members will have access to what is done, and why.